Editor’s Note: This communication was first shared with Aptos customers on March 5. Our organization is actively and continuously reviewing and following the official guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, as well as state and local health authorities related to the COVID-19 situation. We will continue to provide updates as necessary, both to our customers and colleagues directly, and here on this blog.
An Update from Aptos CEO and Culture Leader Noel Goggin
The health, safety and success of our customers, partners and colleagues is a priority for Aptos. In view of the COVID-19 outbreak, we would like to share with you the enhanced precautionary measures that we have instituted throughout our company to ensure we:
- Maximize the safety of all Aptos colleagues
- Continue to serve Aptos customers with the highest standards
- Do our part as a member of the global community to slow the spread of the virus
Aptos Business Continuity
The Aptos Leadership Team and our Global Response Team actively monitor the status of the outbreak to ensure that our Business Continuity Plans continue to deliver uninterrupted Aptos services and support.
- We monitor essential operations and have established plans to re-assign colleagues if staff absence is an issue.
- 100% operational remote-working capability exists for all staff with connectivity through SaaS tools and remotely accessible drives and equipment, all while adhering to best-in-class security and compliance standards.
- Aptos has carried out diligence with all key business-critical vendors across the globe and reviewed the plans in place so as to be able to provide continued services in the event of a crisis. These include data center and SaaS providers, among others.
- We have established a global operational foundation that is multi-sited and able to handle issues that arise when various resources become unavailable.
Support for the Health of our Colleagues and Customers
- All Aptos colleagues have been educated on the steps they can take to prevent the spread of the virus, as well as the course of action they should take in case they demonstrate symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever and shortness of breath.
- Travel to severely impacted COVID-19 communities as identified by the World Health Organization has been suspended, and other travel has been limited to business-critical functions only.
- There is a self-quarantine of 14 days for colleagues traveling from COVID-19 high-risk affected communities, with secure remote working options already in place.
- We are requiring, where possible, large meetings planned in high-risk areas be held virtually as an alternative. For future-date marketing events currently planned in low-risk areas, we actively review local, national and global health organization updates to ensure we provide an environment for a safe event. We will continue to closely evaluate each event on a case-by-case basis.
Future Updates as the COVID-19 Situation Evolves
As the world grapples with a situation that feels unprecedented in both its scale and uncertainty, I thank you for your continued trust in Aptos.
Our Aptos Leadership Team and our Global Response Team continuously and closely monitor the guidance from recognized international and local health bodies together with official guidance from governments in all regions where Aptos operates. With that perspective we will continue to share ongoing information as updates become available.
We wish you good health and look forward to continued collaboration.